In 1978, Edgar buried his own power grid in a three-mile radius around the Ridgely, named the area "Springsborough" and used the UED to power that part of the city until the mid-1990s. Then he left and moved to the Spring Mansion, and took the UED with him.
Many years later, Todd Brotzman lived in an apartment at the Ridgely.
Features and inhabitants
- Todd Brotzman's apartment; located on the front left side on the 2nd floor. It is vandalized by the Rowdy 3 and then serves as base and meeting space for the group of Todd, Amanda, Dirk and Farah Black during the Spring case.
- an apartment above Todd's, which was used by the Men of the Machine to hold a captive Farah Black
- an apartment used by Dirk Gently during the Spring case.
- Dorian Rothlighter, owner of the Ridgely and Todd's landlord
- A secret basement room, with a socket for the Unlimited Energy Device. As the final room of the Springsborough maze, it contained a treasure map of Skagit Valley for the Device's parts.
Behind the scenes
- The real building portraying the outside of the Ridgely is Connaught Apartments, 2404 Guelph Street, Mount Pleasant neighbourhood, Vancouver.